BABY ALPACA SCARF - GREY
1564879cRegular price $120.00 Save $-120.00
Alpaca fiber is considered by the fashion industry to be one the greenest, most natural and softest fibers in the world. It is prized for its unique silky and luxurious feel and has a lesser tendency to pilling. This fiber comes from small artisanal farmers in the Peruvian highlands who work by traditional farming methods and a close eye is kept on sustainability.
- Material: 100% Baby alpaca
- Measurements: L 70" x W 17" + Fringe
- Handmade with love in Peru
- Care: Hand wash cold with mild detergent. Reshape while wet and lay flat to dry.
- As with all handcrafted goods, there are slight variations making each piece a work of art and truly one of a kind.
- Please allow for processing time ( The time it takes to fulfill the order) 3-4 days plus delivery time. Estimated Delivery STD 3-4 days. Delivery times may vary. You will be notified once your item has shipped.
In the earliest Peruvian history, you will find examples of the bond between the Incas and alpaca. The Incas placed a higher value on alpaca fiber than gold or silver. The knowledge and craftsmanship of spinning and knitting have been passed down from generation to generation, resulting in the rich, diverse textile heritage of Peru. New patterns are combined with traditional methods, giving an innovative touch without losing the ethical heritage.
The alpaca lives mostly without any boundaries in the highlands of the Peruvian Andes and are not harmed during the shearing process. Their soft padded feet are gentle on the grass terrain and they graze without destroying the root system of the area. Alpaca is the only animal that produces up to 28 natural colors and can be blended into an infinite array of natural shades from inky black to warm chestnuts and snowy white. It is easily dyed in any color and always retains its natural luster.
Alpaca is supple and smooth to the touch and because of the featherweight, it’s ultra-light. Alpaca is softer than cashmere and warmer and stronger than lamb’s wool. It contains microscopic air pockets that create lightweight clothing with excellent insulating properties. It is a completely natural fiber and there is no use of harsh chemicals in production.